On Tuesday January 11, we had the fetal nuchal scan and everything with both babies looked perfect. They scanned my belly for about 45 minutes. The sonogram technician was hoping that both babies would be in the right position and baby B was so we scanned baby B first. Everything looked perfect with baby B. Then, it was on to a very active baby A. I had to move on my side and then on my back just to get baby A into the right position. It worked, and baby A also looked perfect. Praise God! Both babies looked perfect! Then I had to have my finger pricked for some blood work, which is part 2 of the screening. The results were supposed to take a week, but I got the results yesterday. Once again, great news! The risk of Down syndrome was 1 in 3,441 and Trisomy 18 is 1 in 6,141. I love great news. Even better, the IM doesn’t want to do an amnio since all looks great!
My morning sickness is getting a lot better. I now feel like I have “normal” morning sickness. Zofran is actually working now. Last week when I stopped my injections, I had some medication withdrawal. The doctor said this happens because the high levels of hormones stopped. I had 3 days of migraine headaches, which are getting better day by day. I go back for more blood work on Wednesday, and that will hopefully mean another reduction in my medication. It will be so nice when there is no more medication to take. Once again these babies are worth it!

2 comments:
Congrats - glad it's all going so well and the babies are doing good!!! Hopefully the morning sickness will go away soon and you'll be back to normal!
What a wonderful update!! So happy to hear that those bebe's are doing well and that your morning sickness is letting up a bit.
Interesting to hear about the meds withdrawal. I never thought about that...but now I know what to expect!!
Post a Comment