It happened on Saturday; I finally met my first surrogate! Not only did I meet one, but I met about 20. I heard about a get together from SMO that was going to be in my area. I decided it would be great to go and meet others who understand what I’m going through, and not ask lots of questions.
These women where so neat! There were ladies with pink hair, tattoos and body piercings. Some short, some tall and some very skinny. Some just gave birth, and others were retired. No matter how different we were, we had one thing in common; we love to help others achieve a family. It was so great to hear such positive twin stories and great recoveries. I also learned about a “twin diet”. The surrogates that had twins said after the birth of twins, you lose so much weight, and even look better in the months following the birth. I really hope that’s true!
The really cool part of the night was when I first got to the restaurant. I met another surrogate named Cindy. She is due in March and we just clicked right away. She lives about 8 miles from me, and is the only surrogate I know in my area. I asked her how she told her kids’ teachers. She told me that they thought it was really neat and were very understanding. I then asked her what school her kids went to. To my amazement our kids go to the same pre-school and have the same teacher! All I could think was God is good, He allowed me to meet her, so she could pave the way for me to tell the teachers. (I will blog about my feelings on that later this week.) Now I’m excited to tell the teachers and get together with Cindy.
These are the lovely surrogates!
Cindy and I

2 comments:
Wow, that is so great that you met Cindy. Definitely, GOD IS GOOD!!! I can't believe how many of you surros got together--very cool!!
That is awesome!!! I love meeting other surros, whether online or in person. So very cool!!!!
Post a Comment