Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Transfer and California

I was in California for a week and then sick with the stomach bug so I haven’t had a chance to blog until today. We had our transfer last Friday the 5th. It went so well and was so easy; no pain, just discomfort from a very full bladder. While the transfer was happening I just kept hoping that I wouldn’t pee all over myself. Luckily I didn’t or at least I don’t think I didJ

My week in California was amazing! We landed around 9am on Tuesday and couldn’t wait to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant. That was a great way to start the day. We then did some shopping and headed to our Dr. appointment. The appointment went great! That evening I finally got to meet the IP’s for dinner. We fell in love with the IP’s. They are such a neat couple and we had so much in common. We had such a good time that it didn’t seem like we were at the restaurant as long as we were. We all then headed back to the hotel for some much needed zzzzz’s.

The next day I had to start my progesterone. I had the nurse the day before draw a circle on my bum where it was safe to have the injection. That morning my husband was going to do the shot and that scared me more than anything. Maybe the fact that he was asking the nurse a lot of questions on how to do it made me nervous, so I did it myself! I was so proud of myself sticking a 1 ½ inch needle in my bum and not just 1 but 2 (Delestrogen was due too). I had no problems. I think doing the Lupron helped a lot. We then headed to visit my family and my husband went golfing.

On Thursday I invited my IM to spend the day with me shopping in Palm Springs while my husband and uncle golfed at their dream course, Big Horn in Palm Desert. What a blast we had, we had so much in common it was scary. I couldn’t have picked a better match if I tried. We would pick up a shirt or purse and turn around to show each other only to have the same thing in our hands and then we would have the same response. I did get child #1’s Christmas shopping almost done. Thanks to the Coach and Juicy Couture stores. After getting a little lost trying to find the golf course, we picked up the men and headed to the casino. I have never been gambling before and wanted to hit the slot machine. We were there all of 15 minutes. I did it and will never go back. It was way too smoky for me. After that we headed to downtown Disney for dinner and finally made it back to the hotel at 12:30 am.

Friday was the big day! We met up with the IM in the hotel lobby and headed over to the dr.’s office. I had on my red socks, since red means business. I don’t believe in luck, I believe in God and His will that will be done. Laurie from the agency also met us at the dr.’s office and was there for the transfer as well as my IM and my husband. I was so comfortable with them all there. I said a prayer with everyone before the transfer and the rest is in God’s hands. Then we went back to the hotel. My husband went to pick up food from our favorite restaurant and I watched a little TV and then slept. The sleep was awesome and my IM came by later to bring me magazines and a book.

It was such a great memorable week and I’m praying that I’m pregnant. I find out on the 17th. I ate a lot of pineapple too, so if that myth is right I should hear good news next week.


No comments: