Yesterday I woke up to my fist big scare with this pregnancy. I was spotting. I was so scared that I might be losing one of the twins. I immediately called our RE doctor in California , and got a doctor that was on call. He told me to wait until they opened and to call back. My thought was “Didn’t you hear me? I said I was bleeding and I’m pregnant with twins.” Crazy me. For some reason I thought bleeding and pregnancy don’t go together. I then called the RE doctor in my area that’s been monitoring me. The nurse told me it wasn’t a big deal since I had no cramping. Bleeding with twins is very common, because your uterus is expanding so fast. But I still wasn’t buying it. In all of my pregnancies I never bled, except for when I was miscarrying. I then called the IM, who wasn’t worried at all! It was very comforting to hear that from her, but we both still wanted to have a sonogram to make sure all was well with the babies.
After the longest 90 minutes, I contacted our nurse in California who is amazing. She ordered a sonogram and I was off to the doctor. I was sitting and praying that both babies would be fine with big strong heart beats. To my amazement, that’s what we saw. Praise God! Baby A was actually moving for the first time. Its little hands kept touching its face and the little legs were kicking away. Baby A had a healthy heartbeat of 166 and was growing right on track. Baby B was sleeping so peacefully, with a great heartbeat of 163. Baby B is also growing right on track.
My doctor told me not to really do anything, just take it easy. That is not hard for me to do, since I’m either sick or tired during the day. I haven’t even walked a mile in months. I’ll just keep doing what I’ve been doing and pray that these babies continue to grow and develop right on schedule and will be healthy, full term babies. There is nothing at this point I wouldn’t do for these babies. I’m their caretaker until the day they are born and I’m going to make sure that nothing goes wrong with them. I can’t wait for the moment that my IP’s get to see their little faces.

2 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that everything is ok. I can only imagine how scary it all was for you. Here's to a New Year ahead and exciting times to come!!
So glad to know all is ok. I had that scare a couple of times, and like you I never bled in my other pregnancy. Not sure if you saw my comment back to you on my page, but feel free to contact me at frippgirl@hotmail.com or find me on facebook with that email. Would love to meet up with you sometime. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment