Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

First OB appointment

There have been so many in changes in just a week. First I don’t need any more injections!!! Wednesday was my very last shot. It is such a great feeling knowing that I don’t have to stick myself with a needle. I feel like Grandpa Joe and Charlie in Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory when Charlie won the last golden ticket. YIPEEE!



Next, I had my first OB appointment on Tuesday. The hardest part about becoming pregnant was having to find a new OB. My last OB retired after my last child was born. It was very neat to have my son be his very last delivery after 20 years. I had the worst time trying to find a doctor that had the beliefs I had or did not have a criminal background. In the back of my mind, I kept going back and forth whether or not to see our good friend who is an OB. I kept thinking how strange it would be to have an exam and then go out to dinner with our friend. It’s still weird to me! When I found out that I was carrying twins, the only thought I had was that I just had to see my friend. There’s no one else I would trust more if I had to have a c-section than him. All my doctor friends assured me that doctors don’t really care about down south; it’s just like an arm or leg.



The babies have grown so much in the past week. Baby A is measuring at 11 weeks 1 day with a heart rate of 167. Baby B is measuring at 11 weeks 2 days and heart rate of 167. They are growing a day or two bigger, which is great!




I’m posting a picture taken when I was 10 ½ weeks along. Please excuse my hair, it was a long day.

4 comments:

Kelly Enders-Tharp said...

You're looking great!

Surrogate, Single Parent and Dating... said...

Awesome - done with the shots!!! :) You look great. Can't wait to meet up!

Kristen said...

Beautiful babies and you look amazing! Great update! : )

Andrea said...

Awww, what a sweet post!! YAY for no more shots--that's awesome!! Both you and the babies look great. It's amazing how much they have grown, i love it!