Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 25, 2011

Bedrest

I had my doctor’s appointment today and things didn’t look good. I only have 1.9cm left of my cervix and now I’m on bed rest. That was not the outcome I was hoping for, but I did prepare myself for the worst. I will do anything I have to do so that these babies are born as close to full term as possible. I also have to start a medication to help stop my uterus from contracting.

I’m feeling like a failure today. The one thing I can do and do well is pregnancy. My doctor assured me that I’m right on track for twins and this is all normal. I’m just frustrated that my kids might have to go to daycare. My hope is that I find a great nanny. I’m also frustrated that I probably won’t go to 36 weeks. How do others make it to 36 plus weeks with twins? I don’t get it! Never when I’ve been pregnant have I hit a wall and last week I hit it and hit it hard. My legs and feet are so swollen and full of fluid, so walking or standing is almost impossible without pain.

My goal is still to make it another 7 weeks. That will bring me to 34 weeks and the babies will not have a lot of complications. If they make it longer that would be a bonus. I’m waiting on my FFN test result to come in which will reveal if labor is near. Let’s hope that test is not positive. If it is, I will have to head to the hospital. Please keep the prayers coming.

7 comments:

Babydreams2011 said...

Saying a prayer for you right now!!

Rebekah said...

I'm so sorry you're on bedrest and frustrated - hugs, thoughts and prayers for you, your family and the babies! I hope bedrest treats you well...

Jeni said...

You're doing a great job...and bedrest may be just the ticket. Your positivity will help your kiddos to feel ok about whatever needs to happen regarding their child care! Take care of yourself, and those twins, and remind yourself (over and over) what an amazing thing you are doing for your IP's, your family and yourself. Prayers and Hugs.

Andrea said...

Rest easy. Prayers coming your way!!

Jesse said...

Hang in there!! Prayers and hugs coming to you! :)

Surrogate, Single Parent and Dating... said...

Prayers for you girl!! I'm sorry...I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but hang in there. You are doing an amazing job!!!

TXSurromom said...

Thinking of and praying for you!