Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal bedrest


Being on bed rest requires a lot of T.V. watching. This week it’s been nothing but the royal wedding, Say Yes To The Dress, and 16 and Pregnant. All the wedding hype got me reminiscing about my own wedding and how far we’ve come in 13 years.

I remember like it was yesterday, when my husband told me he wanted to start a family. We were at our reception dinner and he leaned over and told me he was ready to start a family if I was ready too. It still gives me butterflies to this day thinking back to that moment. In fact before we left in our limo from the church to our reception, we had my husband’s little nephews and my little brother crying. We asked why they were crying and they said they wanted to ride in the limo too, but were told they couldn’t. I knew at that moment we were going to have a big family, as we invited all the kids to ride in the limo with us. You can imagine the fun we had in the limo with the kids.

It’s incredible to me that we have 5 of the most healthy, happy kids and that our family is complete. Also, that we’re helping another family complete their family too. My husband is the most amazing, supportive man and actually meant every one of his vows to me.

When I went shopping for my wedding dress, Princess Diana’s dress was my inspiration. Well, at least her train. I wanted the longest, beaded dress the store had. The looks I got at the bridal store were of shock. I was getting married in August in Texas, which means HOT! Long story short, I found the perfect dress with the longest train. My dress weighed 30 pounds and it was 115 degrees on our wedding day. I think I’m still sweating from that day. Below is a picture of the back of the dress. It’s not as long as Princess Diana’s, but was long and perfect enough for that day.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Beautiful story AND beautiful dress!!! :)