I had my 24 week checkup yesterday and it was filled with great news and OK news. First, the great news. The babies are getting big, both are measuring at 24 weeks and weighing 1 pound 9 oz. Yea for the boys growing right on target! I gained my 6 pounds for the month like I’m supposed to, and the best news is that both babies are head down! That means no c-section if they stay that way.
A crazy thing happened to me while I was having a sonogram. I started to get very dizzy and nauseous. I told the lady that I had to get up because I was going to get sick. She told me turn on my left side immediately, turned on the fan and brought me the trash can. I just wanted to sit up, but she said no you have to lie on your left side. After a couple of minutes I started to feel better and got to sit up. She told me that because I was on my back for a while the babies were probably sitting a vein that goes to my heart. When that happens it causes women to pass out, and is very common when pregnant with multiples. Yikes! I’m glad I didn’t. From now on they are going to scan me sitting up.
Now, the OK news. The doctor wanted to have an internal Sono done to check my cervix’s lining. The news was not what I wanted to hear. In the past 4 weeks I’ve thinned out or as he called it, “I’m funneling.” My numbers are still very good and he’s not concerned about early labor yet because I’ve never had early labor and have had 5 children with no problems. If you remember 4 weeks ago I was the over achiever with the lining at 5.3 when 4.0 would have been perfect. I was at 4.2 yesterday so still good, but too early to be having any funneling. I go in on Wednesday to have a fetal fibronectin test done. I think that’s what it’s called. It’s a test to see if I will go into labor in the next 2 weeks and also another scan to check for more funneling. If any of them come back positive then the dreaded bed rest will begin, first in the hospital, and then at home. I’m praying that doesn’t happen. I’m hoping all the change happened last week when baby A flipped head down. I also have to abstain from intercourse for a week!
I’m now just hoping and praying that these boys stay put for at least another 10 weeks. The count down has begun.

2 comments:
I will say lots of prayers for you girl. I hope bed rest does come into play for your sake. Hang in there and slow down as much as you can...with 5 kids...
I had the same issue with almost passing out on the table when they were doing the ultrasound when I was prego with my 2 kids and I was only pregnant with 1 baby. Good luck with your pregnancy :)
Post a Comment