Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Good Golly Miss Molly

Good Golly Miss Molly! That is all I can say after finding out my IP’s are having TWINS. I’m in a bit of shock, even though I new in my heart it was twins. I’m very happy and filled with so much joy for my IP’s to be having twins. The IM flew in late last night to attend today’s appointment, and seeing her face when we saw not one, but two babies and two heartbeats was priceless. That was what I signed up for! It was almost the same feeling I had watching my children with Santa on Tuesday. The joy, excitement and magic the kids had in their eyes made me almost cry, to live that joy through their eyes. That is such an amazing feeling as a parent to live through their innocent eyes, and to see my IM’s dreams starting to come true in just that moment.

A part of me feels very selfish for wanting to carry just one baby. For me I was hoping for one, but for my IP’s two. I left it all in God’s hands and have been praying about it for a year. I know it could have been worse, we could have had three. I just keep thinking about the “what ifs”. I’m a very independent person who loves for her family to depend on her. I just can’t even begin to imagine what life would be like on bed rest, no running, and being dependent on everyone to cook, clean and take care of MY children. Not to mention the chance of a c-section.

I know that I’m jumping way ahead of myself, but I really want to have everything I’m feeling and thinking with this journey documented. I have the most amazing family and friends who have done nothing but love and support me. Whatever comes my way I can handle it!

We did get the due date today, it’s July 26, 2011. I’m 6 weeks 3 days today!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Everything is going to be ok. Sometimes we just need to hear those words. :)

Kelly Enders-Tharp said...

It will be fine! You will do great. For me, twins felt no different than one . . . both times!

I'm glad the IM could be there- awesome!

Jennifer said...

Thank you ladies for your support!