Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

13 weeks and quit asking....

13 weeks today and feeling great! I’m posting a picture of my growing 13 week belly. One thing I won’t ever show you is my actual belly.


Here’s a little advice for all, and my big pet peeve at the moment. Do not ask me if I will be able to give my babies away! The first mistake is these are NOT my babies. Second they are NOT my children to keep. I don’t want you to keep my children! Of course there are times I do debate sending my teenage daughter away. Just kidding! Third, I have the mindset to happily give these children back to THEIR parents. I’m fine and very blessed raising the 5 I have. Lastly, remember that I’m a GS surrogate, meaning not my egg and not my husband’s sperm. I have NO biological connection to these babies. I would NEVER give any of my children away! I’m really looking forward to the next chapter in my life as my children grow, and helping them reach their goals in life. Right now, that does not leave room for me to have any more children, unless there is a big oops in the years to come.

I do know that when certain friends or family ask me questions, I know it’s out of love. I take no offense to your questions or concerns. I’m so blessed to have married into the most wonderful supportive family that stands behind what I’m doing. Thank you to all of my husband’s family. I love you all! Also, thank you to my wonderful friends and surro-friends. Your comments, words of encouragement, experience and understanding mean the world to me.

3 comments:

Surrogate, Single Parent and Dating... said...

Good post - I get asked that at least twice a week if and when I tell them. You are looking great!! So exciting we are just 3 weeks apart.

Andrea said...

Some people just don't get it--that's why surrogacy isn't for everyone, and that's ok. I try to educate my family and friends as much as I can so they are able to better support me. With that said, I always get that question too--"How are you going to be able to give the baby up?"...and I'm not even pregnant yet! I usually respond with the same as you mentioned. I say that I'm not giving away MY baby, I'm giving back THEIR baby!! I also go into telling family/friends that this is a completely different type of pregnancy. I am going in to this journey knowing that this is NOT my baby. My husband and I did NOT create this baby--we will have NO genetic connection. We don't have to find the perfect name for the baby. We wont be having a baby shower and registering for baby products. We don't decorate a nursery. All the "normal" things that woman experience during pregnancy and help to establish a bond with the baby, I will not be doing...all of this usually helps people to some what understand that I am totally ok with GIVING BACK my IPs their baby.

P.S LOVE the belly shot!!!! =)You look amazing!!! So excited to watch your baby bump grow!

Kelly Enders-Tharp said...

People are so funny (and by funny I mean stupid) sometimes with their questions. My favorite, since both times I carried twins . . . so do you get to keep one of them? Ugh!