I’ve had a lot of mixed reaction when telling friends and family that I’m going to be a surrogate. The first major question is how I can give the baby away. Let me tell you that I’m a gestational surrogate, so it’s not my baby. A gestational surrogate is one who doesn’t use her own eggs, but one of the IM or egg donors. The embryo is that of the IM and IF or of donors… There is NO way I would ever give any of my children away! The baby will not be biologically linked to me or my husband. Like I’ve told my kids I’m going to be babysitting someone else’s baby in my uterus, and when it’s born I give it back to their mommy and daddy.

2 comments:
Hi...I've had nothing but positive comments from friends and co-workers. Sometimes someone may say the give up thing...but just like you, My comment is I'm not giving anything away, I'm giving back, it's not mine.
I too am a very God fearing family and the only negative I've gotten is from my own family. (not my hubby and kids). They are very old fashioned and ignorant to this. We had agreed to do this for someone. Our only stipulation was straight and christian. I don't have anything against what someone may choose to do in their own room, but based on HIS word..that was our baseline. Otherwise, every person or couple has their story, and all are sad and despratly wanting a baby...who am I to judge who is more worthy than someone else...not me. I trusted God to put us with who He wanted us to help.
Ok...well, keep the posts coming.
Christina
Christina, I agree with you 100%. My husband and I had the same stipulations as you. I look forward to following your journey as well.
Post a Comment