Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

How It Began

Becoming a surrogate is something I’ve always wanted to do since I was in high school. I watched on Dateline a story about surrogates and it made me really think that one day I would love to do that. I’ve watched my aunt struggle 14 years after the death of her daughter to have another child. She had miscarriages, failed adoption and nothing worked. It made me think more about being a surrogate, even more, so I could help her. I myself was not done having children, so I knew that I couldn’t emotionally do it for her. I love being a mom and hope to complete someone else’s dream of one day being a parent.

I’ve since completed my family! I have 5 children and love every minute with them. It was in December 2009 that I had my well woman check up and my doctor asked me if I was ready for another. I paused and realized I was done having my own, but missed being pregnant more than anything. That’s when I came home and told my husband it was time for me to become a surrogate. I started researching every agency under the stars, background checking who worked for the agencies and finally found one I loved! One of the owners talked to me for over an hour and answered all my questions. I was still breastfeeding my son, so I wasn’t able to be matched. I finished breastfeeding in April and was matched a week later with a great couple.  We flew to California in July to have my psychological evaluation and medical screening. All went well and then we had the wait game for a couple months.

I’m excited to say that we now finally have a date for a fresh embryo transfer. It will be November 5th.  I’m now just waiting for the meds to arrive.

No comments: