Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

October 15th is special


Today is national pregnancy and infant loss day. It doesn’t seem that many people even realize that a day even exists like that. October is usually known for breast cancer awareness, which is great too. I hold this day dear to me, as I have suffered from miscarriages.  I understand the pain, loss and future plans you had for that child are lost in just a moment.

It got me to thinking that there’s not a day for those who can’t have children. Those who are infertile or just struggling to get pregnant and can’t. I can’t even imagine what it would feel like month after month of trying only to have AF come for a visit. That, I’m sure, would have the same feeling as a miscarriage. Your hopes and dreams for a child you have not conceived are lost in that month. My heart just breaks for those not able to have a child, as my children are the world to me and I couldn’t begin to imagine how quiet my life would be without them. I’m the opposite…my husband looks at me and I’m pregnant.

I’ve never been more proud to be a surrogate and help a family’s dream of having a family come true. I’ve found comfort in the Natalie Grant song Held.

No comments: